Frequent diarrhoea or loose bowels fall under the term I.B.S. (Irritable Bowels Syndrome).
It is quite shocking to see how many people suffer from this condition in our 'Modern Western World'.
Many people suffering from conditions such as Acne, Weight Gain, Weight Loss or constant Migraines have some form of IBS (a colonic & digestive disorder) i.e. their main complaints being bloating, indigestion & subsequently diarrhoea after eating.
Looseness of the bowels is an attempt by Mother Nature (your body) to cleanse itself of poisons and impurities.
Infrequent happenings are therefore 'normal' but if it progresses to a daily occurrence, it becomes dangerous.
The danger does not only apply to the dehydration caused by long term diarrhoea.
The fast passage time of food through the digestive system leaves the individual unable to break down & utilise the food correctly. The important vitamins and minerals are thus not absorbed and retained by the body and a nutritional deficiency develops over time.
This deficiency eventually leads to ailments such as anaemia, exhaustion, hypoglycaemia, frequent infections as well as colds and flu (due to a run down Immune System) and even colonic cancer.
Some cause of Diarrhea are:
Some symptoms to look out for are:
- If your stools are mainly loose / watery
- You have more than 3 loose bowel movements per day
- You feel the need for a bowel movement soon after each meal
- You experience an URGENCY before a bowel movement
- There is blood or mucus in your stool
- You get sharp pains in your abdomen
- Rumblings & noises in the bowels
- You pass a lot of wind
- Constant bloating in the gut
The above symptoms indicate that there may well be a problem looming and attention to the digestive system is required.
Food Intolerance, Digestive Disorder and an imbalance in correct Bowel Flora are some of the main contributors to this condition.
It is quite easy to restore normal bowel function in many cases via a dietary change coupled with specific supplementation for a period of time.
So many people suffer needlessly from diarrhoea & IBS generally.
- Eliminate the cause i.e. eliminate certain foods.
- Improve the digestive process.
- Restore normal bowel flora (favourable bacteria in the colon).
- Provide the body with certain nutrients to help it fight off the infection.
- Offer the Liver support in it's detoxification function.
- Restore the body's immune system so that it will repair damaged tissue & enhance it's ability to ward off recurring infection.
- Digestive Enzymes
- Probiotics e.g.. Acidophilus & Bifo
- Caprylic Acid
- Psyllium Husk
- Lapacho Tea
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Vitamin C
- Aloe Vera