A 'Leaky Gut' develops as a result of the small intestine cells becoming damaged and thereby more permeable to various items that should not pass this barrier. This damage allows bigger particles to pass into the bloodstream, which causes inflammation.
These particles may include pathogenic bacteria, oversized and partially digested food molecules.
Toxins too are them more easily absorbed into the blood, which imposes a further stress on the Liver (already overburdened from clearing the Candida toxins).
As the liver becomes less able to clear the body of toxins, sensitivity to foods & both chemical & natural odours can develop and this produces varied side effects – notably digestive disorders & debilitating fatigue.
Some factors contributing to LGS are:
Symptoms of Leaky Gut include:
If the gut is not healed, minor problems may escalate to life-threatening ailments as the immune system becomes very run down due to the ever-increasing toxic load placed upon it…
- Eliminate the cause i.e. eliminate certain foods.
- Improve the digestive process.
- Restore normal bowel flora (favourable bacteria in the colon).
- Provide the body with certain nutrients to help it fight off the infection.
- Offer the Liver support in it's detoxification function.
- Restore the body's immune system so that it will repair damaged tissue & enhance it's ability to ward off recurring infection.
- Digestive Enzymes
- Probiotics e.g.. Acidophilus & Bifo
- Caprylic Acid
- Psyllium Husk
- Lapacho Tea
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Vitamin C
- Aloe Vera